Bullying: Why should I care?
Bullying: A real danger for children
- The National Center for Education Statistics and Bureau of Justice Statistics show that almost 30% of kids in grades 6-12 experience bullying.
- A whopping 90% of students in grades 4 through 8 report having been bullied at least once in a school year.
- That translates into more than 3 million students being the victims of bullying each year.
- Almost 20% of American students report that they are bullied 2 to 3 times every month or more.
- More than 70% of students report that bullying is a problem at their schools.
Empowering Kids through Jiu Jitsu
Internal vs External Measures
- External measures apply consequences and deterring pressure against bullying behaviors.
- Internal measures supply youth with tools for preventing bullying and dealing with it at the core when it does occur.
- Experience personal growth
- Develop confidence and self-esteem
- Build interpersonal communication skills
- Embrace adversity as an opportunity to grow and learn
- Seek positive outcomes born of challenges
- Develop respect for all around him/her
- Build leadership skills
RABJJ Anti-Bullying Community Program Includes:
- 4 Free Workshops – Starting September 5th and will take place every Saturday of September.
- For boys and girls – Kids ages 6 to 12 years old are welcome to attend
- Free and For Everyone! This program is open to the community. You do NOT need to be a member of RABJJ in order to participate
- Bully-Proof Certificate – Included for those who complete all 4 workshops
- Bully-Proof – Wristband and Sticker
- Anti-Bully Parents – Parents will receive an anti-bully guide to help them through bullying situations if their child encounters one